Since Pi Chi Omega was organized in 1950, a key focus has been on supporting formal education within the field of entomology, and related scientific studies Each year Pi Chi Omega awards $13,000 in scholarships, to six deserving students. The scholarships are named in honor of past Pi Chi Omega members, which to date have supported 145 students through approximately $221,000 in scholarships.
- Dr. John Osmun Scholarship $3,000
- Founder’s Endowment Scholarship $2,000
- Alain VanRyckeghem Memorial Scholarship $2,000
- Dr. Austin Frishman Scholarship $2,000
- Norm Ehmann Scholarship $2,000
- R. Randall Rollins Memorial Scholarship $2,000
Apply for a Scholarship
Recognizing the need for college-educated professionals in the field of urban and industrial pest management, Pi Chi Omega is making available six scholarships to students majoring in urban and industrial pest management or some closely related plan of study. The object is to encourage and assist outstanding students to prepare for careers in pest management.
Due date is March 15, 2023. E-mail the completed application packet firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Pi Chi Omega Scholarship, C/O Andrea Coron, PO Box 187, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. Call 540-376-3617 with questions.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate college students who are interested in urban or industrial pest management.
- Applicants who are actively working towards completing their degree may apply.
Basis of Award:
- Students who have an interest in urban or industrial pest management or some closely related field, and plan to pursue a career in such a field.
- Must be a student in good academic standing. (3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale)
- Character, personality, school activities, professional activities.
- The scholarship may be renewed. The student will be required to resubmit the application packet.
Provisions of the Award:
Scholarship recipient will receive a letter of agreement outlining these provisions that must be signed and returned prior to distribution of the scholarship award.
- The recipient is required to write an article for the Pi Chi Omega Spring 2024 newsletter outlining their academic and/or research activities over the year and how the scholarship has helped them in their endeavors. The article will be due to the Executive Director no later than February 1st, 2024.
- The recipient is required to remain in good academic standing, 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. A copy of the recipient’s transcript will be required at the same time as the article.
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Glancing at the list of previous winners, you can find people who have become giants in the industry and benefited from Pi Chi Omega scholarships.
Click here to see the full list of past scholarship recipients.
Current Scholarship Recipients
Complete the application and compile the application and all supporting documents into one pdf file and email to email@example.com by the deadline stipulated on the application.
If you are an educator with a student interested in scholarship support, please send them a link to this page, or email them the Scholarship Application.