Since Pi Chi Omega was organized in 1950, a key focus has been on supporting formal education within the field of entomology, and related scientific studies Each year Pi Chi Omega awards $11,000 in scholarships, to five deserving students. The scholarships are named in honor of past Pi Chi Omega members, which to date have supported approximately $208,000 in scholarships.
Dr. John Osmun Scholarship $3,000
Founder’s Endowment Scholarship $2,000
Alain VanRyckeghem Memorial Scholarship $2,000
Dr. Austin Frishman Scholarship $2,000
Norm Ehmann Scholarship $2,000 (available through 2029)
Apply for a Scholarship
Recognizing the need for college-educated professionals in the field of urban and industrial pest management, Pi Chi Omega is making available five scholarships to students majoring in urban and industrial pest management or some closely related plan of study. The object is to encourage and assist outstanding students to prepare for careers in pest management.
Due date is March 15th, 2021. E-mail the completed application packet email@example.com or send it to Pi Chi Omega Scholarship, C/O Andrea Coron, PO Box 187, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. Call 540-376-3617 with questions.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate college students who are interested in urban or industrial pest management.
- Applicants must be full time students.
Basis of Award:
- Students who have an interest in urban or industrial pest management or some closely related field, and plan to pursue a career in such a field.
- Must be a full-time student in good academic standing. (3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale)
- Character, personality, school activities, professional activities.
- The scholarship may be renewed. The student will be required to resubmit the application packet.
Provisions of the Award:
Scholarship recipient will receive a letter of agreement outlining these provisions that must be signed and returned prior to distribution of the scholarship award.
- The recipient is required to write an article for the Pi Chi Omega Spring 2022 newsletter outlining their academic and/or research activities over the year and how the scholarship has helped them in their endeavors. The article will be due to the Executive Director no later than February 1st, 2022.
- The recipient is required to remain in good academic standing, 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. A copy of the recipient’s transcript will be required at the same time as the article.
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Glancing at the list of previous winners, you can find people who have become giants in the industry and benefited from Pi Chi Omega scholarships.
Current Scholarship Recipients
Apply for a Pi Chi Omega Scholarship
Deadline March 15, 2021!
Download the 2021 Scholarship Application.
Complete the application and compile the application and all supporting documents into one pdf file and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline stipulated on the application.